Sunday, June 8, 2014

Thing 9 of 23 Mobile Things

Taking and Editing Photos:

Taking pictures, I do that regularly. Especially with the trick I learned in thing 2 - where I take screen shots of images ( like maps) that I won't have available when I'm out of wifi range.

I decided to work with Color Splurge, which looks like fun. And it is fun!





This is my Siberian Iris, colorized red. Ironically, it's the purple color that I like best about this type of flower, but colorizing it allowed me to appreciate the form instead.

Now for two portraits, with colors changed, or augmented:





My one complaint is that there are no earth tones on the color palate. I would have enjoyed looking at myself with a new hair color. That's probably why they have an upgrade available.






As mentioned above, Color Splurge is just plain fun. I can't think of any work project, unless it's to augment a team photo, for the fun of it.

But the coloring process, with the eraser, feels as fun as coloring books were when I was a little kid. And the final products look pretty good!

I think I can find use for this my non-professional life - prettying a photo for a birthday party invitations and similar projects. But possibly more important, I see that this app can fill an unconscious need for craft-type projects.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPod.

1 comment:

  1. Fun post! I really enjoyed your pictures as well as your comments. Keep up the good work! And don't forget to notify us when you're ready for a badge (minn23@gmail.com).

    ReplyDelete