Sunday, June 15, 2014

Thing 22 of 23 Things

Discovering Apps:

I decided to use the online version of Quixey to look for apps.

And the subject of my app search today is an app to help me appreciate the World Cup Soccer Tournament currently underway in Brazil.

I performed the search, and had quite a few hits, but I wasn't able to determine very easily whether the apps would work with my slightly older iOS 6 operating system.

Also, maybe because it's early in the tournament, the site seemed a little unstable and shut down on me a couple of times.

But I was able to review some good app candidates, and add some to my short list.

Then I took the advice listed at the end of Thing 22 - perform an Internet search. In this case, since the apps that I want are so current and topical, I found that there are quite a few articles and reviews published only in the past week.

I scanned a few articles, made a list of about five candidates, and checked them out in the App Store. Only two were good in iOS 6, and I chose the more popular one, FIFA World Cup 2014 Brazil.

App seems pretty decent. It's not obvious if I'll be able to see game highlights, but everything else I want in this type of app seems to be here, and it seems pretty stable.

Good enough for me, as I move from my blogging obsession to a bit of a soccer obsession.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPod.

No comments:

Post a Comment