Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Thing 11 of 23 Mobile Things

Library Reference:

This one is straightforward.
At work, I can't get on wifi (it's possible with a smartphone, maybe an iPad, but other smart devices like an iPod touch are stranded).

We even have a mobile app for accessing the catalog by smartphone, but I can't get on at work. So though I'd love to explore that, my hands are tied.

So on to the front burner: I downloaded the SPPL app, logged in, and determined that a book that I requested last week is ready for pick-up. Nice interface, easy to use (but not particularly pretty). Just for kicks, I searched for an author. I do like the color palate of the full sized version better (unless the color scheme is something new for all versions).

I actually had used the browser on this device previously to renew a library book- I realized that this iPod can get booted up and online much more quickly than my home laptop.

Now with the app, it's even smoother, with quicker access to my account. Very nice! As a decent public library user, this app will definitely be useful on my personal life.

Still waiting to see if I can make progress with mATLAS, the smartphone version of our work library catalog and intranet presence. But in the mean time, it's the SPPL library app for me!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPod.

No comments:

Post a Comment