Sunday, June 15, 2014

Thing 20 of 23 Things

Games:

Well, I have a couple of games on my mobile device, but none are listed here. I play the trusted standby Solitaire ( and even paid the big bucks to get rid of the ads).

My second game is called Flight Control (was free, now $1, according to my son). It's a game where you manage an airport by drawing a flight path in front of a landing plane to indicate how it should land.

In the game, There are three runways or landing pads, and three types of aircraft, each of which lands at a different speed. The game requires you to plan ahead and manage many planes at the same time. Fun and easy, until the jumbo jets arrive! This game was recommended to me by my fifteen-year-old son as a game which runs at my speed!

For this Thing, I will investigate the drawing game app. I'm imagining something like Pictionary, but I am up for anything. It's called DrawQuest, and when I clicked on the link, I could go directly to the App Store. Then it told me:



Maybe a licensing issue, or copyright conflict - and when I used the search within the App Store, the title just couldn't be found. Maybe there was a similar problem with the other apps I could't find?

Word games don't appeal to me today, and Candy Crush seems oddly toxic. I decided to download the new version of Flight Control ($1). When I was searching for other drawing games, flight simulator came up, maybe because you 'draw' the flight path you want the planes to follow.


Once I was up and running, I recalled the low key 40's swing-style background music, which is another plus for the game. The promo for the new game mentioned that storm management is now part of the play, but they must have added that to the higher levels of play - which is OK with me.

They've also added the choice for 'rewind', which lets you play an impending accident over again, but it seems to cost points that I don't have (and won't purchase).

This game fine for home, not OK for work, and not terribly addictive. A good standby, with some skill development allowed.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPod.

No comments:

Post a Comment