Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Thing 10 of 23 Things

Sharing Photos:

Well, this is a thing that I would think I'd like. I have family all over the world, and I take lots of photos.

I'd love to place a roll of selected photos on some server, and send a link to my family and friends.
I do have a small presence on Facebook, and I post occasional groupings of photos. Big snow, cute cat, selected travel shots.

So, looking at the options for this thing, Pinterest, the more popular of our choices, seemed way too social.

I chose to try SnapChat. One day last winter, I found my 15 year old son taking photos of himself doing homework ( which is why the device should be away during homework). Using SnapChat, all his friends were sharing similarly interesting homework selfies.

I was a bit curious how SnapChat works, so I signed up. Then SnapChat scanned my contacts for potential friends. My lucky 25 year old niece is my only SnapChat friend - poor thing!

I sent one funny photo with caption to niece Maxine ( if only I had known how to save it, you'd see it here, and have a chuckle). I haven't heard anything back-but will ask her in a couple of days.

I guess beyond my hesitancy to post photos to a broad list of 'friends', I am no so visually attuned as to envision photos that I think my short list of friends would want to see. Maybe when I retire, and start every day with a walk in the woods.
I think it goes without saying that I can't see using SnapChat for work photos.

But maybe it would be a fun way to be in touch with someone I'm close to, who happens to be far away. A way to share the experience.

(BTW, I never heard back from the niece. If I learn something later, I'll comment it.)

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPod.

No comments:

Post a Comment