Friday, June 13, 2014

Thing 13 of 23 Things

Presentations:

Ah, finally something that we're doing in my library - making training videos!

I am currently on a project at work for which I am collecting screen shots and writing a script for a colleague to record.

But, I really can't see the advantage of doing that work on my mobile device (unless, again, I was a captive - maybe a long commute by train or bus).

But . . . I have the perfect project for this type of presentation app! While on a bike a trip to Vietnam a while back, I took a whole lot of photos using my mobile device, and people kept wanting me to put together a show.

I took a look at the options, and the most useful from my perspective seems to be Haiku Deck- oops, requires iOS 7.

Next stop- Lensoo Create, which looks useful. But there's no trace in the App Store.

Finally settled on Educreate. Again, nothing with this name in the App Store (it's been some time since this 23 mobile things was released).

I finally searched in the App Store for just 'whiteboard', and there are a whole lot of free options - many seem to be from China, with no customers ( or just no reviewers?).

The product I tried was called 'whiteboard'. It seems be more of a sharable drawing app. I had been looking forward to being able to narrate, or add text, and to develop a narrative using multiple slides. This app didn't cut it. My expectations are so much higher now.

Oh well, that's the down side of being exposed to many presentation options.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPod.

No comments:

Post a Comment