Saturday, June 14, 2014

Thing 15 of 23 Things

Infographics:

Well, my first choice, info.Graphics, is only available for iOS 7. The next closest app, infographics Hub, did not show up in my App Store search.

So I decided to search for 'info graphics' and there were quite a few that weren't free, and a lot more that didn't have any reviews.

I chose an unreviewed app called 'Lemonly'. Once I dowloaded the app, I reviewed apps by category, and could save, send, or share any that I liked.

I noticed that the infographics had a corporate source, like Dove, for an infographic on bad hair days, and an infographic by Samsung on what makes a good camera for a mobile device.

I looked at quite a few infographics, and actually found one that would be relevant at work - on the subject of Copyright Compliance in the corporate world.

Here are some screen shots, and I have added a link to the full infographic below.










And the link to the copyright infographic:

http://lemonly.com/work/copyright-and-content-use-in-the-workplace

Here's an example of a lighter subject:


I was curious about Lemonly, and a quick google search informed me that that it's web design and graphic design firm out of Sioux Falls that specializes in infographics.

So, in answer to the 23 Things perennial question, yes, I could absolutely use an app like this at work.

I think one of the other apps might have better, or broader coverage, or coverage better suited to my library's needs. More research would be required, and of course I would need to cite my sources!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPod.

No comments:

Post a Comment