Thursday, May 29, 2014

Thing 6 of 23 Mobile Things: Writing & Editing Docs

Writing and Editing:
I decided to try CloudOn, and since I didn't have Google Drive, I had to start by downloading that first. But I was derailed because I don't have iOS 7 (which is on the newer iPod/iPhone devices). Next stop DropBox (same iOS problem), and I finally settled on Box- downloaded with no problem. Then, in order to actually do this thing, I downloaded CloudOn. But I met the same iOS problem.
I scampered back to the listing for thing 6, and decided to try SignNow. I downloaded the app smoothly, and was then able to make use of the freebie stylus I got last week.
I signed the sample document, which was fun. Then I got to choose a document to sign. Email is one of the options, but I couldn't get them to connect.
Using box, I brought a photo of myself into SignNow, and like a starlet, I added my signature to the bottom. I was able to send the photo back to myself, but since it's now a PDF, I can't add it to my photos, or this blog, which needs a little excitement.
Frankly, I can't see how I would ever need to use my mobile device to sign documents, but, well, one never knows. Another tool for the tool box.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPod.

1 comment:

  1. I like your attitude - even if you're not sure you'll ever use a particular app, it's good to know about them. Some day you can whip out that nugget of information and amaze a patron or co-worker! :)

    If you haven't already, don't forget to let us know when you've earned a badge (at 5, 10, 15, 20 and 23 Things completed)! Just email minn23@gmail.com with your blog name, multitype region, and how many Things you've completed. We'll add your badge to your region's blogroll and send you one you can display on your blog to share your progress.

    ReplyDelete